2016 Call for Pilot Research Project Applications
Click below for Project description, dates, deadlines, and additional information.
The proposal must include the following:
- Cover letter describing briefly how the application meets eligibility requirements and program goals (1 paragraph)
- Modified Face Page
- Budget & Budget Justification (form page 4) Approval by WU OSRS is not required
- NIH Biographical Sketch (5 page maximum)
- Formatted Other Support (on a continuation page) Sample OS page
- Resources (1 page maximum – Describe research facilities and major equipment)
- Research Plan (Five page maximum – NIH format; Significance, Innovation and Approach)
- Appendices – Letters of Support, Letter from Mentor (Postdocs only)
Formatting: Single-spaced, 11 pt. Arial font, half inch margins, PI name should be on the top right-hand corner of every page of the application.
Regulatory approvals (as applicable) will be required for studies involving human subjects, animals, or the use of radiation. Approvals may be pending at the time of submission, but no award will be issued until all approvals have been received.
Reports and acknowledgements: All awarded grantees will be required to submit a brief annual progress report describing the results of their work, as well as related publications and funding. All publications resulting from the award should acknowledge the cWIDR Pilot Research Grant Program at Washington University.
- Technical staff salary support
- Research supplies
- Animals, including housing and care
- Fees for specialized services (microscopy, pathology, photography, etc.)
Expenditures NOT Allowed:
- Principal Investigator salary support
- Secretarial/administrative personnel salary support
- Office equipment and supplies
- Equipment (unit cost of $5,000 or more)
Carry over and No-cost Extensions are not allowed